We are finally moving into our new apartment this weekend and I can't wait for several reasons. Although I love Scott dearly the studio apartment we are currently in is entirely too small! Our new place is much larger (anything with more than one room and solid door to the bathroom would seem larger). Scott and I are also ready to actually enjoy Singapore.
I do want to mention the apartments here since we looked at lots before deciding on our new place. It was a little bit of a culture shock to realize most places didn't have ovens or dryers. I hadn't even considered not having an oven, but its not really present in Asian cooking so the apartments didn't have them although most did have a microwave. The fridges are much smaller, as well, but thats fine since I don't have a car to do a big grocery shop anyways. Also, most places didn't have a dryer since they hang their clothes to dry, but they all had washers. Nothing is bad just learning process and adjusting.
Well we move in Saturday though we still have to do more shopping (I can tell you where anything is at IKEA now!) I'm really looking forward to having a weekend off and actually getting to explore Singapore.
Almost forgot... food! I am definitely leaning more and more towards being a vegetarian. The chicken here is all dark meat which I'm not used to and most of the time when we order something its a surprise. I'm trying to order more vegetarian dishes because they don't scare me as much. I finally ordered the red bean milk tea and it actually has beans in it. Its really good though and the beans have an almost chocolate flavor to them. I had an avocado snow which was a green milkshake... good though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Carla, this is Susan. I just wanted to tell you how much I'm enjoying your "blog". What a great experience you all are having. And just think of the stories and memories you'll have after a year, not to mention the strange things you will have digested!
Hi Susan,
Glad you are enjoying the blog... its renewed my interest in actually adding to it. We are having a great time and trying to soak it all in. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment