So... the time has finally come and we are now in Singapore! The trip over was an experience in itself since neither Scott nor I have been outside of North America before (at least not that we remember).
We flew on Qatar Airways and I was really impressed with the service of this airline. The first leg of our flight was 13 hrs to Doha, Qatar so it was a large plane. We had a blanket and pillow in our seats with a little swag bag, as well. It had head phones, eye mask, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste. Shortly after the flight began they came around with hot towels to wipe off with that I thought was a nice touch. We had our first meal that was edible for plane food. I wasn't really hungry, but since I am obsessed with food I had to try. Soon after that, Scott and I took benedryl to help sleep through the flight so it went by pretty fast.
We arrived in Doha, Qatar and were immediately hit by the heat and humidity as we took the bus to the terminal. Its a small airport, but it had a large duty free shopping area. Scott and I paid extra to use the Ornyx lounge in the airport that was completely worth it. It had drinks, food, and showers that we made use of while hanging out for 7 hours. More on the bathrooms... they have water spouts next to each toilet and I admit I am not sure what to do with it. Thankfully, there is toilet paper as well because I don't know what would happen if I tried to use that device.
Getting onto the second leg of the flight was the only trouble we had traveling. We checked into the flight and then had to wait in a very small and very crowded room for the bus back to the plane. This plane wasn't quite as nice because we didn't have the tv monitors for each seat, but we did take advantage of the free alcohol this time! We had a few glasses of wine to pass the time as I almost finished my 500 page book. Over all the trip to Singapore was good, long but good.
Getting off the plane in Singapore the first thing we noticed was how pristine everything was in the airport even. The entire city really is clean with plants, sculptures, or artwork everywhere. We easily navigated through the airport and grab a taxi to our temp housing.
Our apartment though somewhat small is absolutely gorgeous! The building itself is a renovated building from the 50s that at one point was the tallest in Singapore. Now, we can see the much taller buildings of the financial district from our bedroom window. The bathroom has to be my favorite part with lots of large windows. I thought this was going to be a privacy issue at first since even the toilet had a floor to ceiling glass door, but thankfully Scott found a blind to pull down on the main window. The apartment is small and meant for one person, but its efficient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment