Well before we ever arrived, we had been warned it rains a lot in Singapore. The first week we had a couple showers but nothing that lasted more than a couple minutes so we became less concerned. Scott and I had decided to walk around and find a place for lunch and it looked like rain as we walked around town, mostly dead because its Sunday in the business district. We weren't too concerned since the little bit of rain we had seen didn't last long. So, as we were eating lunch it started to rain and then as soon as we were ready to leave it started to pour. It was awesome! We couldn't try to wait it out because Scott had a flight to catch, so we tried to stay undercover as much as possible navigating back to the apartment. It turned out to be pointless as we were both completely soaked walking back into our beautiful lobby with surprised stares. The first comment was "Forgot your umbrella?" I think we were the only people in the country without an umbrella, but I'm a quick learner and will have one next time. =)
As a side note about the food... I had crispy chicken with ramen noodles. It seems simple enough, but I added hot sauce of course and it was pretty good. Although, I am still not sure how to properly eat noodle soup with chopsticks. I managed but am sure I looked pretty ridiculous trying to decide whether to slurp the noodles or bite them off and let them plop back in the bowl. I also tried the water chestnut drink...again pretty good. It was very different from anything I had ever had and really have nothing to compare it to. Not sure if I would get the water chestnut drink again, but it was good enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment