Monday, September 8, 2008

Fish Food

Scott and I attempted to go the Night Safari in Singapore on Saturday night, but we got rained out (surprise, surprise). So, we decided to hang out at the restaurants and gift shops at the entrance to kill sometime before getting another taxi.

We noticed some large fish tanks with people sitting their feet inside, and decided to check it out. They are called Doctor Fish and actually eat the dead skin off... so we decide to try it! We sat down on a bench, put our feet in the water, and the fish immediately latched on. It was the strangest feeling at first, but after a couple seconds you kinda got used to it. The funniest part was how many fish I had on me. Remember, they are attracted to dead skin.... I had so many on my heels you couldn't see my skin!! We had another couple sharing our "pond" and I must of had 80% of the fish on me. I wasn't sure if I should be embarrassed or proud. I decided to go for proud since we had also accumulated a large crowd with people asking to take pictures of my feet. We sat with our feet in the water for 15 min and honestly you could tell a difference when we finally finished. I really did need a pedicure.

Food time: I was craving something sweet at the park, so decided to try the Almond Longan. It was shredded ice with almond flavored jello cubes and longan fruit. It was strange and not sure I would get it again. A lot of the desserts here consist of shredded ice with flavoring or some kind of brightly colored gelatin cubes.

No comments: