Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Beating

Scott and I were walking around the local shops right by our apartment today after getting some lunch. Scott got a haircut and I decided to check out the Acupuncture & Massage place. I stopped in and was told a one hour massage was only S$40... which is pretty cheap compared to US prices. So I jumped on the chance for an hour long massage. That was my first mistake. I told them I was having pains in my shoulder and thats were I needed the most work. That was my second mistake.

This tiny little lady proceeded to beat the crap out of my back and shoulders. She was using her elbows and knuckles. At some point she actually climbed onto the table and sat on my back with her knees crushing me. To finish this massage, she had me sit up while she literally beat me with her fists. Needless to say, I am in a little bit of pain at the moment... more than when I went in for the massage. I guess I will know if it worked in a couple days when I either love the lady or hate her. I think will be a little more cautious next time I want a massage.

Food: We went to China Town tonight and I am becoming more and more of a vegetarian. I tried Fried Carrot Cake for the first time tonight which has neither carrots or cake. Its a dinner not a dessert dish, but I couldn't really tell you what was in it. I know it was vegetarian and quite good especially with the extra chili sauce I added. The closest thing I can compare it to is a scrambled omelette with random vegetables (wish I knew what kind) and asian spices topped with green onions. Its a horrible description but something I suggest trying.

No comments: