Monday, July 14, 2008

Round One

So, this is my first time attempting to blog, but I wanted to keep track of everything happening for my own sanity. There has been a lot going on for the last couple months, and I think its going to get crazier before it slows down again. Scott and I have our plane tickets for Singapore (July 30 on a 27 hour flight), lots of paperwork, and what looks like a really nice place to stay for at least the first 30 days. Now if I can just survive the next two weeks getting everything together.

Our house is a complete wreck (at least now I have an excuse for it) and I am pawning off anything and everything to whoever walks through the door. Thankfully our friends have been understanding since no one seems to leave our house empty handed. These last few weeks are a little bittersweet. Due to our impending move, we have taken every opportunity to hang out with friends and family and while it is wonderful spending time with them, it makes me realize how much I am going to miss them all. I am already starting to get teary eyed, so I can only imagine boarding that 10:50 flight. At the same time, I am really excited about being in a new country and experiencing new cultures (especially the FOOD!!)

Oh, forgot to mention I just got engaged so lets add planning a wedding into the mix just in case I thought I was going to get bored! I feel I should mention I am not complaining about anything that is going on at the moment just excited, nervous, anxious, curious. I am very thankful for everything and trying to remember and enjoy even the stressful moments.

No comments: